Square uPVC guttering offers several benefits compared to other guttering materials:
1. Durability: uPVC (unplasticized polyvinyl chloride) is a highly durable material that is resistant to rust, rot, and corrosion. It can withstand harsh weather conditions, including heavy rain, extreme temperatures, and UV radiation, without deteriorating or losing its structural integrity.
2. Low Maintenance: Square uPVC guttering requires minimal maintenance. Unlike metal gutters, uPVC gutters do not require regular painting or sealing to maintain their appearance or protect them from corrosion. They are easy to clean and can be simply wiped down or washed with a hose to remove dirt and debris.
3. Lightweight: uPVC guttering is lightweight, making it easier and safer to handle during installation. It also puts less strain on the supporting structure of the building. The lightweight nature of uPVC gutters also reduces the risk of gutter sagging or pulling away from the fascia.
4. Cost-effective: Square uPVC guttering is generally more affordable than other guttering materials such as metal or cast iron. It is widely available and easy to manufacture, which contributes to its lower cost. Additionally, the low maintenance requirements of uPVC gutters save you money on repairs and upkeep over time.
5. Easy Installation: uPVC gutters are relatively easy to install, especially when compared to metal gutters, which may require welding or soldering. Square uPVC gutters usually come in pre-cut lengths and are joined together using connectors or brackets. This ease of installation can save you time and money.
6. Aesthetic Appeal: Square uPVC gutters can provide a clean and modern appearance to your property. They have straight, sharp lines that can complement contemporary architectural styles. Square uPVC gutters are available in a range of colors, allowing you to choose an option that matches or enhances your home's exterior.
7. Good Water Flow: The square shape of uPVC gutters offers a larger water-carrying capacity compared to round gutters of the same size. This means they can handle a greater volume of rainwater and help prevent overflowing or water damage to your property.
Remember to consult with a professional or a local expert to determine the best type of guttering for your specific needs and the climate of your area.
8. Leak Resistance: Square uPVC gutters are designed to provide excellent leak resistance. The joints and connections between sections are typically sealed with rubber gaskets or silicone, creating a watertight seal. This helps prevent water from seeping through gaps and causing damage to the fascia, soffits, or walls of your home.
9. Environmentally Friendly: uPVC is a recyclable material, which means that square uPVC guttering can be recycled at the end of its life. Recycling uPVC reduces waste and helps conserve natural resources. Additionally, the production of uPVC gutters requires less energy compared to other materials like metal or wood.
10. Compatibility with Downpipes: Square uPVC gutters are designed to work seamlessly with square or rectangular downpipes, creating a cohesive and aesthetically pleasing guttering system. This compatibility ensures a smooth flow of rainwater from the gutters to the ground, reducing the risk of blockages and water damage.
11. Noise Reduction: uPVC guttering is known for its noise-reducing properties. The material absorbs and dampens the sound of rainwater hitting the gutters, minimizing the noise that can be heard inside your home during heavy rainfall.
12. Long Lifespan: Square uPVC guttering is known for its long lifespan. When properly installed and maintained, uPVC gutters can last for several decades without significant degradation or the need for replacement. This longevity adds value to your investment and provides long-term protection for your property.
It's important to note that proper installation is crucial for maximizing the benefits of square uPVC guttering. To ensure optimal performance, it's recommended to hire a professional guttering contractor who has experience working with uPVC guttering systems.